Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- NM ST § 25-8-1; NM ADC 21.34.2
- Bacteria < 20K/mL, coliform < 50/mL. Seller of raw milk must have permit to use grade A labeling/advertising for product. Requires testing of all cows before production of milk and every 12 months thereafter. Must be bottled at farm. Bottles must be conspicuously labeled as raw and carry warning text. Raw milk must be displayed separately from pasteurized milk products.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013 Regular Session Legislative Session
Bans retail sales of raw milk, which are legal in New Mexico.
- Pending: Senate Conservation Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.